Tuesday, October 30, 2012

sick kids and finding snacks...

Hi everyone,

well I know I have sort of dropped off the map of late...by a sick lil miss 3 year old does that.

She is sick but still wants to run jump dance and play, rest my kids don't understand the word.

Anyway,

I have found a treat that I just have to share...

Paleo Granola Bars.

My walking buddies and me visited his parents on our 12km walk (up and down steep hills, I swear he was out to hurt me lol ). His mum made Paleo bars and Oh My God!!!!

We could stop eating them so warning these are great of a sweet tooth or a snack but you might want to eat more then you should.

Here's the recipe with picture, thanks to Crossfit Kawatha!



PALEO GRANOLA BARS

Paleo Granola Bars Recipe
Snack
Cooks in 
Ingredients
  • 1-1 1/2 cup – mix of nuts (slivered almonds, pecans, sunflower seeds, walnuts, cashews, etc)
  • 1/4 cup – unsweetened shredded coconut
  • 1/4 cup – almond butter
  • 1 tbsp plus – coconut flour (if needed to thicken mixture)
  • 2 tbsp – coconut oil
  • 1 tsp – vanilla
  • 1/2 tsp – honey or rice malt
  • 1/4 tsp – sea salt
  • 1/2 cup – chopped dates or dried unsweetened cranberries or blueberries



Directions
  • On a cookie sheet , toast nuts and coconut until golden brown. Once toasted pour mixture into food processor until coarsely ground.
  • In a mixing bowl melt coconut oil and almond butter (about 30 seconds). Stir until smooth.
  • Add vanilla, honey and sea salt. Fold in nut mixture and coconut flour. Fold in dates, cranberries or blueberries.
  • Press mixture into 4 x 8 pan and refrigerate for 1-2 hours. Cut into squares and enjoy. Keep in refrigerator to keep firm.

http://crossfitkawartha.com/recipes/paleo-granola-bars/

Sooo Goood!!

Well lil miss is awake again so hope to post again soon.
Rose

#paleo #snack

No comments:

Post a Comment